Sometimes you don't find the full-text of an article in a database. Here's how you get the actual article:
- If the database has the blue Find It button, click on that
- A window will open and show you if UWG has the journal online.
- Often you'll see multiple listings.
- Look for the one that includes the publication date of the article you are interested in and click on the database title.
- If Find It does not identify a subscription to the journal, click the link Request Article through Interlibrary Loan.
If the database does not have the Find It button, then you need to follow these steps:
- Make note of the JOURNAL title and issue the article was published in (Example American Quarterly volume 60, issue 3, 2008)
- On Library homepage click on the journals tab in the search box.
- Type American Quarterly in the box and click search
- Look at the results and see if your journal has full-text online.
- If multiple titles come up, click on the linked title for the one you want
- In the next window look for a result that includes the publication date for the article you want and click the database title.
If the library doesn't already have electronic access to your particular article through our existing subscriptions, you can request it via interlibrary loan.