Computer Support Call List
Here are tried and true steps for dealing with ANY computer problem.
- 1-Close all open programs
- Check for minimized programs and multiple instances of netscape, etc.
- 2-Turn the computer off and back on
Close all programs (you should have already done this) and
Physically turn the power off to the computer and turn in back on.
- 3-Check Cabling
- Make sure all cables are securely attached (don't shock yourself)
- 4-If these steps don't work, don't start editing setups or running other setup/bootup programs without talking first with someone in IT Support.
- 5-Report typical problems or requests for help to the ITS Service Desk (see contact information below)
- 6-If you consider the problem a serious interruption of library services for staff or patrons, use the chart below until you reach someone:
|Problem:||Who to Contact and How to Contact Them|
|Any and All||
Campus ITS Service Desk
(678)839-6000-Public Safety; report as ITS need Critical Problems Only on Hours the Service Desk is Closed
UGA GIL Service Site
Bob Trotter at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 706-542-0282
Jim Garner at email@example.com Phone: 706-542-1500
EMERGENCY CELL (Only use for serious problems, like catalog is down):706-338-0862
|GALILEO System||OIIT Help Desk